About Medicine in Practice
Our team combines deep domain expertise with a strong focus on execution.
CEO - Tim Bacon, BA. Tim is a Biologist from York University in England, and has spent most of his professional life in and around the biopharma and medical publishing industries. He is considered a subject matter expert in several of our early WEBFlex Training domains.
Tim has demonstrated his deep cmomitment to adult learning through his pioneering role in founding ISMPP (International Society for Medical Publication Professionals) and his role in leading the society's professional credentialing initiative.
His previous company was a two-time honoree of the Philly 100, a highly competitive ranking of the 100 fastest-growing companies in the region.
President & COO - Kim Piermattei, Esq. Kim is a litigation attorney and experienced entrepreneur with degrees in Sociology and Psychology.
Kim provides insights into many aspects of adult learning and motivation, and has a strong focus on execution
She is also a published author.
We are a "for profit" company, but we strongly believe in giving back to our community and to deserving communities around the world.
Eligible Charities: We select organizations to support based on the following guidelines:
- Generally not aligned with political or religious causes1
- Low overhead - 75% of donations to end cause OR <5% to administration
- Provision of "basic needs" of life (e.g. charity: water)
- Provision of basic medical needs (e.g. SmileTrain, Doctors Without Borders)
- Self-sufficiency (e.g. Kiva)
1There may be occasional exceptions in circumstances where faith-based charities are best placed to deliver certain types of desired charitable services.
The full company name of Medicine in Practice, Inc. may occasionally be shortened to MiP. Please take a moment to view our Policies outlined below.
- We collect "aggregate" data on the use of our site(s) by all visitors
- You may access some features and functionality of MiP websites without registering, but others require an active subscription for access
- We will use all commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information
- We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy or other Policies please email us at:
Terms of Service Policy: In summary this states:
- The terms under which you may use MiP websites
- Any information that you contribute to one of our sites, other than your personal profile information, becomes the property of Medicine in Practice, Inc. and may become public
- That you are not authorized to copy any MiP information for commercial re-use
You may view the full version of our Terms of Service Policy by
clicking here to download it as a PDF.
The current version (2.0) of our Terms of Service Policy became effective on June 1, 2015.
Copyright and Trademarks: All content on Medicine in Practice, Inc. websites (including our brand names: Competing Opinions™, ComplianceTime™, Transparent Author™ Transparency Triggers™, WEBFlex Training™) is ©Copyright Medicine in Practice, Inc. unless otherwise stated
The company name and all product names and logos are trademarks of Medicine in Practice, Inc. and are thus indicated.